Sunday, September 27, 2009

9/27/2009


Well Travis has finally shown an interest in trying to stand up. It took him forever but finally one day I was sitting there just watching him play and he came over to the coffee table and tried to pull himself up on it. He can't get all the way up on his feet yet he just makes it to his knees but at least he is trying. It is so cute because whenever he tries to pull himslef up on the coffee table he sucks on the edge of the table. Everything is still all about tasting for him. Travis has also taken to pulling our movies off the bottom shelf and our books off the shelf as well. He is getting to be so fast. We are still trying to teach him what no means but to no avail or so it seems. All he does when you say no is either ignore you or turn and smile at you. It is so cute. Just this morning I went to get him out of his crib and he was up on his knees that is the first time that he has done that, pretty soon one of these times I will go in there and he will be up on his feet and then again we will have to lower his crib. Travis is not veery vocal most the time, he has his moments but for some reason he has taken up to being really quiet unless he is hungry or upset. I kind of miss the days when we couldn't get him to be quiet. :( O yeah and yesterday morning I actually got Travis to laugh, like actually laugh not just hum after me it was so cute.


As far as Travis and I are doing. We are still trying to get used to this new budget that we need to have in order to make it each month. It is a big difference to add 650 dollars to your bills each month and that is just for the mortgage. But we are getting by. I told Travis the other day that now we are in the same position we were in when we got married, back then it was a whole new life and we had to work from near the bottom up. And now that we have bought the house and we have a baby now it is like we have a whole new life again, and again we need to work from near the bottom up. I still work at subway, but thanks to my hire happy boss we are way overstaffed and I am luky to get two shifts a week. But I found this work at home business that I am going to try out and I am working on the training for it now hopefully it goes well. Travis is working just as much if not more than ever. O and we are both on a diet and workout plan and so far Travis has lost 25 pounds I think. But I have only lost one and I blame that on my diet because we are trying not to put me on too strict of a diet because, well the reason for the thing that I have talked to you about earlier. If you know what I am talking about please do not comment me and say that word in it, there are still a couple people we want to keep in the dark about it. But so far we have been trying to no avail hopefully that will happen soon too. Well I better go until next week. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed your post last week, I don't know what happened. I have been a total slacker on mine the last couple of weeks!

    Travis looks so good, and so dang cute. I miss seeing you guys. We are still trying to figure out if we can get out there for Christmas. Hopefully everything will work out for a little visit.

    Good job on the diet and exercise plan! I am restarting one again tomorrow, I have been gaining weight and I am sick of feeling like a sloth. Kevin found me an article that talks about dieting every-other day and somehow that stimulates your skinny genes. I still have to read it, but it sounds good! Who knows?

    We are all doing good, Kevin is keeping up at school, and I am having fun working in the cafeteria at the kids school. The kids are loving school, Preston and Palmer were evaluated for a gifted learning program last week, we'll see what happens there. They are also all starting to plan for halloween!

    Have a great week, I won't miss your update next Sunday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo! Now that we are back home I finally have some time to look at your blog! You need to post some pics of your home! Baby Travis is sooo cute! When are you coming down again?

    We need more help with the lawn... still dying in the fall again...

    ReplyDelete